The Benefits of Cleansing Oil and How to Use It
We’ve been told over and over that only oil-free products will keep our skin clear and gorgeous. But researchers have uncovered the incredible benefits of oils for skin, in addition to their soothing and healing ingredients. In fact, women have turned to oil cleansing as a way to gently remove makeup, soothe sensitive skin, and tame unrelenting breakouts. In this post we’re going to reveal how cleansing oils work, how to choose the right oils and how to cleanse with them.
How does oil cleanse your skin?
The first thing that comes to mind when people think cleanse is foamy lather and rinsing. But when it comes to oil cleansing, it can include both, but for the most part it’s done with pure oils and a washcloth dampened with warm water.
Some women will also follow a double cleanse which involves using a gentle face wash to remove any oil residue from the cleansing oil.
The 5 benefits of using cleansing oils include:
- Lifting excess sebum
- Unclogging pores
- Removing dead skin, pollutants, and makeup
- Helping balance the skin and locking in hydration
- They are compatible with other types of cleanser should you choose to double cleanse
Who is a cleansing oil best for?
All skin types can use cleansing oil.
Good cleansing oil can absolutely remove all your makeup without the need of a makeup remover which will get the job done faster. However, if you’re using Pure Fiji’s Vitamin C Foaming Oil Cleanser you want to avoid the eye area as much as possible.
How to choose a cleansing oil.
Regardless of what oils you choose, it’s important to buy high-quality oils and cleansers that don’t have any scents or dyes added. When possible, look for one that contains coconut oil like Pure Fiji’s Vitamin C Foaming Oil Cleanser. Coconut oil is high in vitamin E and essential fatty acids which are anti-fungal, anti-oxidizing and anti-bacterial. It’s also a natural decongestant that helps unclog pores, moisturizes, nourishes and protects skin.
Here are additional skin benefits for making room for this antioxidant rich cleanser in your skin care routine. It contains:
- CARICA PAPAYA FRUIT EXTRACT - Gently exfoliates to remove dead skin cells and impurities, brightens skin tone and increases skin radiance. Completely rejuvenates the skin.
- SODIUM LAUROAMPHOACETATE - A surfactant that allows water, oil and dirt to mix allowing it to lift excess oils and impurities from the skin leaving it thoroughly cleansed.
How to oil cleanse with Pure Fiji’s Vitamin C Foaming Oil Cleanser
- Using a cleansing oil is the same as using a regular cleanser. Apply Pure Fiji’s Vitamin C Foaming Oil Cleanser to your wet face and massage until foam forms. Massage for about 30 seconds.
- Use your fingertips to gently massage the oil into the skin for a minute or two to remove impurities like makeup and dead skin cells, and let it penetrate the skin.
- Use a damp, warm washcloth to gently wipe away the oil. Be careful not to press too hard or scrub at your skin, as this can irritate the skin and cause breakouts. A smooth, soft washcloth is best.
- Avoid the eye area.
- Pat dry with a towel and apply moisturizer if you feel you need it.
Your skin should feel supple and be free of makeup and other products after you oil cleanse. Depending on your skin type, you may not need to moisturize afterward.
How often should you oil cleanse?
Oil cleansing should be used no more than once a day and it’s best to do this at night so your skin is well-hydrated for bed.
Are there any side effects of oil cleansing?
Try using oil cleansing for two weeks. If you experiencing an increase in breakouts it’s a good idea to use a gentle face wash after.
Cleansing oils are a great choice for helping to cut through the oils in your makeup, sunscreen, and those on your skin, dissolving them to leave your skin extra clean. And, unlike their sudsy, soapy face wash counterparts, there’s no risk of stripping or over-drying the skin, since oils are innately hydrating. Can I get an amen?
Posted: Mon, Dec 14th, 2020