The Power of Moringa Oil for Natural Skin Care Beauty
There’s another natural ingredient making a buzz in the beauty sphere. Introducing Moringa oil, the South Pacific’s secret for radiant skin is being praised as a new wonder oil. But, it's hardly new. It has been used for health and beauty for centuries. The moringa tree is also called the "Miracle Tree" and "Tree of Life" because of its many benefits and uses. It's great news for those with problem skin, because moringa is filled to bursting with vitamin A (what retinol is derived from) and it's one of the most potent vitamins out there for near perfect skin. Are you jumping with joy yet? Flawless complexion, here we come.
Where Does Moringa Oil Come From?
Moringa oil comes from the seeds of the moringa oleifera tree. It grows extremely fast and can withstand harsh environments and poor soil and is drought resistant.
What Does Moringa Oil Look Like?
Moringa oil is pale yellow in color and has a light nutty smell. The non-drying oil is known as "ben oil" or "behen oil" because it has a high concentration of behenic acid, a fatty acid. It acts as a natural preservative due to the antioxidants that act as natural preservatives, it is a stable oil, resistant to rancidity, which can have a shelf life for five years. It is nutrient dense, high in palmitoleic, oleic, and linoleic acids; moisturizing fatty acids; and vitamins A and C.
21 Beauty Benefits of Using Moringa Oil for Hair, Skin and Acne
- Anti-aging. It is rich in Cytokinins and more importantly, zeatin, Zeatin promotes cellular growth and delays the aging process by supporting and nourishing cell tissue.
- Contains one of the highest naturally occurring levels of behenic acid
- A powerhouse of oleic acid, making it a highly moisturizing oil and one that may benefit dry and sensitive skin.
- Rejuvenating and radiance enhancing
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- High in vitamins A which helps build collagen in the skin
- Natural vitamin C helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Healing benefits of vitamin E
- Omega 3 & 6
- Vitamin C stabilizes collagen and helps reduce fine lines and repair damaged skin cells.
- Promotes cellular growth and collagen production
- High in antioxidants and fatty acids
- Detoxifies and purifies
- Reinforces the skin’s natural barrier, helping protect against environmental pollutants
- Helps prevent scarring
- Will give you the softest and strongest hair strands. That’s because it has a large variety of rich minerals including zinc (essential for healthy hair production) and antioxidants to help boost keratin production. It helps restore strength, promote hair growth and repair damage.
- Anti-inflammatory properties which has been used to treat and heal minor skin abrasions, minor cuts and scrapes, bruises, burns, insect bites, rashes, and sunburn and skin infections
- Good antimicrobial activity against numerous bacterial and fungal species
- Moringa oil helps clear blackheads and pimples. When used regularly helps prevent the reoccurrence of blemishes.
- Strong antiseptic properties which makes it excellent for applying onto the skin after tattoos, for treating cuts and wounds, bug bites, skin rashes, psoriasis, eczema and other skin conditions.
- Helps minimize dark spots from acne and hyperpigmentation due to its rich nutrient-content including vitamin C and vitamin E.
Why not indulge in a highly nourishing and conditioning with this easy DIY hair treatment:
- Warm the Nourishing Exotic Moringa oil and gently massage it into the hair with the tips of your fingers.
- Soak a towel in hot water, wring out extra water and wrap it around your oiled hair.
- Leave it on till the heat completely goes off. The heat will allow your scalp to better absorb the oil, repairing the hair from the roots.
- Leave the oil on for at least an hour.
- Wash hair with Pure Fiji’s Coconut Milk Shampoo.
- Repeat this treatment once a week.
What makes superplant so amazing is that it’s great for many skin types and skin conditions including aging skin, rosacea and acne. It's the perfect addition to your skin care routine as it's completely natural and doesn't contain any additives or synthetic chemicals. However, when purchasing natural skin care products that contain Moringa oil know that some brands dilute their products with cheaper fillers or extracted with harsh chemicals. It's best to always purchase moringa oil from a trusted source like Pure Fiji. Whether you’re tapping moringa oil for its antibacterial properties in a shower gel or to moisturize dry skin, we invite you to explore Pure Fiji’s Moringa Signature Collection.
Posted: Wed, Jan 15th, 2020