The Best Natural Skin Care Routine For Your 40s
Remember when you used to be able to wash your face and go? Well that is probably no longer the case when you turn 40 since your skin is most likely crying out for a little extra help. If your adulthood has also included a decade or two of smoking, excessive sun exposure or an unhealthy diet, you may have a few extra lines or age spots to contend with too. Once you turn 40, the products you turned to in your teens will most likely be too harsh or drying. We’re here to help. Here are the best skin care tips for your 40s!
1. Daily Care
Your daily routine should always include either a separate sunscreen product or makeup and moisturizer with added sunscreen protection.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser like Pure Fiji’s Purifying Cleanser in the morning and evening or just at night if you have excessively dry skin. A gentle cleanser derived from sugar cane extracts. This unique cleanser is boosted with papaya extracts to brighten skin tone while passionflower and drift nut extracts restore skin to a healthy balance.
- A non-drying toner like Pure Fiji’s Balancing Toner with cucumber, passionflower and witch hazel extracts to restore balance. Enriched with green coconut water to re-mineralize, nourish and energize cellular exchange, leaving skin refreshed and revitalized.
- Apply Pure Fiji’s Hydrating Multi-Active Day Creme with Thermus thermophilius after washing your face in the morning. Thermus thermophilius is designed to help prevent DNA oxidation and photo-aging, and it protects against UVA (sunblock). Use either moisturizer or a night cream in the evening after washing your face.
- Do not neglect your eyes. Use an eye cream to reduce the appearance of fine lines or puffiness around the eyes. Dab it on with your ring finger, tapping lightly to give an instant circulation boost to the eye area. The first signs of aging show up around the eyes. You see the skin around the eyes is very delicate and thinner than the rest of your face which makes this area more susceptible to skin imperfections.
2. Weekly Care
- Exfoliating your skin once a week with Pure Fiji’s Exfoliating Scrub if you have dry skin and up to twice a week for an oily complexion may help diminish fine lines and help your skin absorb moisturizing masks and creams better.
- A weekly steam and mask is also helpful, especially if you use a mask geared to your skin type. Alternatively, use two masks if you're prone to wrinkles and dryness in some parts of your face but have oily skin and acne in others.
3. Natural Skin Care Products
- Look for moisturizers and anti-aging serums with Beach almond hydrosol designed to help tone and tighten the skin.
- Purchase sunscreens with an SPF factor of 30 or higher and which include the term "broad spectrum protection" on their labels.
- For those with pigmentation issues, Pure Fiji’s Dilo Oil has nourishing and anti-inflammatory and has many antioxidants. It is used to treat acne scars, dry skin, and stretch marks.
- For fine lines and wrinkles, peptides can help reduce wrinkles by stimulating collagen production.
4. Healthy Lifestyle
- Your skin care routine should extend to prevention, as well as repair and maintenance. If you smoke, throw out those cigarettes as soon as possible. Smoking may make you feel good but unfortunately smoking causes not only mouth pucker lines and crow's feet from the muscle movement involved in smoking and squinting from the smoke, but also slows collagen and elastin production.
- Combining sunscreen with sunglasses and hats further protects against the sun.
- Healthy lifestyle choices, including staying hydrated, getting adequate sleep, eating a balanced diet with plenty of whole foods and low in sugar (and packed with the best superfoods for skin), and getting regular exercise will all help to improve your skin’s regeneration process. Here are 18 foods that banish wrinkles, promote glowing skin and keep your skin supple and soft—one bite at a time.
If possible, consult a qualified esthetician next time you go for your facial to create the best strategy for your skin type, and ask your doctor or naturopath about lifestyle changes which benefit your skin, as well as your overall well- being. And most of all adopt skincare habits that are enjoyable to you. If your skincare routine is not enjoyable, continuity is difficult. Choose natural skin care products of high quality like Pure Fiji and select your active ingredients carefully.
Posted: Mon, Jul 15th, 2019