6 Benefits of Plant-Based Skin Care Products
When it comes to handling some of the most common skin care problems “nature knows best”. That’s why there’s been quite a surge in demand for plant-based products, in addition to a desire to go cruelty-free and help connect to and protect the natural world. In fact, plant-based skin care products like Pure Fiji are more sustainable than traditional beauty products because of their sourcing and manufacturing. Here’s why:
- Botanical ingredients such as the blend of nut oils are wild harvested, which means we select the nuts from trees that grow in their natural habitat. This reduces our requirement for energy, dependent irrigation and fertilization methods thus limiting our carbon impact.
- Seed oils are cold pressed, coconut oil is used to power cars and generators in rural communities, and a tree planting program is in place.
- At the Pure Fiji complex in Suva, gardens and buildings alike have been designed to maximize insulation and reduce the factory's dependence on air conditioning.
- By-products from processing of our raw ingredients are recycled as fertilizer and mulch for factory gardens - and a massive vegetable plot supplies factory staff with a constant stream of organic produce.
Whether you are searching for an effective plant-based moisturizer that will leave your skin feeling silky smooth or a hydrating toner full of potent vitamins and plant enzymes that can help minimize the appearance of large pores, you also want to feel good about the products you are using. This is exactly what we strive for in all our formulations at Pure Fiji: botanical and plant-based products that not only help you feel good about your skin but are planet nourishing as well.
What’s the Difference Between Plant-Based and Botanicals in Skin Care?
Plant-based beauty products are made using plant extracts and plant oils.
Botanical skin care includes healing and nourishing plant extracts and oils, and these can be derived from flowers, herbs, nuts, seeds, roots, leaves, barks and berries.
What are The Benefits of Plant-based?
- Loaded with antioxidants: Offers powerful anti-aging benefits.
- Anti-inflammatory: Plant oils contain phospholipids, which exhibit anti-inflammatory properties that can help maintain homeostasis within our skin barrier. A healthy epidermis, or outermost layer of skin, is especially important for preventing harmful microbes and bacteria from forming and maintaining a balanced pH.
- Hydrating: Plant oils can also create a protective barrier to help our skin cells maintain the water needed for proper function.
- A holistic approach to skin nutrition: The ingredients are less irritating, with fewer side effects than their synthetic counterparts.
- Environmentally friendly: Much more sustainable for our environment.
- Cruelty-Free: Plant-based beauty products are not only kinder to you and your skin, but to animals as well.
How Do I Start My Plant-Based Skin Care Program?
At Pure Fiji, we have a broad range of botanical, natural skincare products to help you simplify and or improve your self-care routine.
Carica Papaya Fruit Extract found in our Vitamin C Foaming Oil Cleanser gently exfoliates removing dead skin cells and impurities, brightens skin tone and increases skin radiance. Completely rejuvenates the skin. Great for all skin types and particularly those suffering with pigmentation, dull skin, congestion, and signs of aging.
Ngi grass boosts hydration by increasing cellular water flow as well as moisture holding power for 24 hours in our Coconut Water Hydrating Toning Mist. With continuous water replenishment throughout the day, skin is smooth, healthy-looking, and “moisture-even”. This product can actively replenish skin cell hydration while stimulating and increasing the cell’s capacity to maintain essential levels of hydration
Passionflower found in our Hydrating Multi-Active Day Cream soothes and calms skin while regulating excess oil production. Protects against environmental stressors. Anti-inflammatory & Antioxidant.
Our Glycolic Overnight Renewal Peel with Mandelic and Niacinamide contains fresh garden sprout extract and is known for its powerful antioxidants; this ingredient prevents photo-aging, targets and lightens age/dark spots, prevents their appearance and creates an even skin tone.
Our Kakadu Super Vitamin C Brightening Serum with Hyaluronate and Bakuchiol is packed with Bakuchiol (Vitamin A); a natural, plant derived retinol that smooths fine lines and wrinkles. Improves skin radiance and firms and strengthens skin.
Pure Fiji’s Hydrate and Nourish Luxury Face Oil brings you the Power of 5 with our unique botanical blend of organic cold-pressed oils, Coconut, Macadamia, Sikeci, Dilo and Moringa oil. This supercharged anti-aging blend of oils is full of antioxidants, essential fatty acids and vitamins to hydrate, nourish and smooth skin while restoring radiance leaving skin with a youthful glow.
Rich in Dilo oil, our Dilo and Coconut Hydrating Masque delivers a powerful, skin repairing oil that contains a unique essential fatty acid called Calophyllic acid that helps regenerate skin cells, heal and repair skin. It is also highly anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
While at home, take the time to truly invest in yourself and your skin with the natural benefits of plant-based skincare products by Pure Fiji. This quality range of botanical skincare can help you with your skin care goals of achieving healthy, glowing skin. To start shopping click here.
Posted: Tue, Feb 1st, 2022