10 Smart Ways to Tame Frizzy Hair Quickly and Easily
Do you ever notice how much frizzier your hair gets when it’s humid? Why does humidity make hair frizzy?
When hydrogen bonds form between the proteins and water molecules in your hair they become curly and potentially frizzy. But hey, don’t fret. There are certain things you can do with frizzy hair especially if you’re looking for smoother, shinier locks. From choosing the right natural products to how you style your hair these 10 easy hair tips will get those frizzy strands looking like you just walked out from a blowout dry bar.
1. Use a sulphate-free shampoo
Shampoos that contain damaging sulfates peel away healthy oils and nutrients from your hair. Try this Pure Fiji Coconut Milk Shampoo which effortlessly removes buildup while the exotic extracts nourish your hair and scalp; restoring bounce & shine for healthy looking hair. This keeps your hair's natural oils right where they should be; instead of stripping your scalp like other sulfate shampoos tend to do.
2. Never ever skip your conditioner
This natural exotic blend of coconut crème and island drift-nut extracts (fortified with soy and wheat proteins) helps repair damage and improves resilience restoring bounce and shine for healthy looking hair. Plus it’s also sulphate-free. Apply Pure Fiji Coconut Crème Conditioner to wet hair after shampooing, work it through the strands and rinse after about a minute or more. You can also run it through your hair before a workout to give your hair additional protection before salty sweat dries it out.
4. Use a drying hood
Most of us definitely own a damaging hair dryer :) Why not make use of what you've already got by adding an attachable drying hood that clicks right into your tool. The heat is less damaging to the strands and the concentrated drying method won't blow your hair all over the place like your dryer does.
5. Concentrate on the ends of your hair
Try rubbing a small amount of coconut oil between your hands to warm it up and then work it gently through your hair concentrating on the ends of your hair. Avoid your scalp to keep your hair from looking greasy. Pure Fiji’s Exotic Bath and Body Coconut Oil contains a blend of virgin coconut oil and a unique blend of dilo, macadamia and sikeci oils which nourish hair while adding the shine and smoothness your frizzy strands crave.
MORE HAIR TIPS: The 5 Best Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil
6. Avoid alcohol-containing hairsprays
The sad truth is even the most popular and best-selling hairsprays that appear to make managing your hair easier unfortunately only make your hair frizzier.
7. Use a silk pillowcase
Want silky smooth hair? Try using a silk pillowcase instead of cotton one. Silk is known to cause less breakage of hair (which can cause split ends) because it is a naturally smoother surface while cotton is said to make your hair stat-icky which causes bunching and knots. A silk pillowcase works especially well if you tend to have drier, more brittle hair.
8. Try a beachy wave hairstyle
Hot summer rays can wreak havoc on hair the same as a lot of shampoos and dyes. The simple solution: Let your hair dry naturally and spray your hair with Pure Fiji’s Hydrating Body Mist with tropical infusions from coconut, milk, honey, mango, orange blossom, pineapple, star-fruit, and white ginger-lily. Next, wrap it in a top knot, a cute bun, or a tight fish-tail braid, and let the heat of the summer or the beach soak it in.
9. Treat your hair with an all-natural hair mask for frizzy hair
Not everyone can afford pricey hair treatments from the salon so why not give this DIY hair mask a try. These masks only require a few ingredients; however you may want to double the recipe if you have longer hair.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp. plain yogurt
- Mash up a ripe banana, and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Apply evenly to damp hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse completely, and then shampoo and condition.
MORE HAIR TIPS: 3 Easy DIY Coconut Oil Hair Masks for Brides
10. Use a pre-shampoo treatment before diving into the pool
Try this DIY natural coconut milk spray on conditioner to tame dry, frizzy hair and make your hair soft, shiny and smooth. It can also be used as a pre-shampoo treatment for hair growth or to protect your hair while swimming.
Why you’ll love this DIY coconut milk treatment:
- Coconut provides nourishment to the hair roots while strengthening them. The penetrating action minimizes hair fall out and makes your hair healthy, smooth and soft.
- Rosewater acts as a conditioner and promotes hair growth. It also stimulates the blood circulation and helps to revitalize the hair making it naturally healthy and strong.
- Lavender oil can improve blood circulation, promote hair growth, and prevent hair loss.
- 1-2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 -5 drops of lavender oil
- 1 cup of filtered water or rose water
- Spray bottle
- Pour all the ingredients in the spray bottle.
- Shake well each time your use it and mist it all over your hair.
- Spray on dry or soon after the shower when your hair is slightly damp. A little goes a long way.
Frizzy, dry hair not only ruins your look; it can make you cantankerous. But as you can see there are many ways to tame the frizz monster starting with using sulphate-free shampoos and conditioners from Pure Fiji. Once you have those two things down, you need to give your hair a little more TLC with the hydrating mists and hair masks. Voila!
Posted: Sun, Apr 1st, 2018